JEBO 2003 Protein skimmer

M

mcknz323

hopefully here is a pic. any help would be great. I have a 55 dt and a 30 sump. will it be enogh? I am currently using a cpr bak pak 2r and i dont think it is enogh.

D

daniel411

I seen those at a lfs abour 6-9? months ago when they first came to america. The boxes were even still covered in chinese? writing.
I couldn't find anyone who had tried them, the lfs swore by them for his personal tank, but didn't have one working in the store. I'd be interested in hearing feed back from you if you decide to pick it up.

M

mcknz323

do you know how much they want for it? i can get this one for about 40.00 new.

D

daniel411

They were asking $79, and I'm not sure if that included the pump. I don't think it did.

M

mcknz323

i ordered it today and i will post when i get it as to how it works. thanks for the help

zman411

I got one............w/pump
I think my pump is way to big for it
I have it opened full force and it still overflows the container
I would love to know what pump you use
and I would like to see a pic of yours working

M

mcknz323

mine is coming with pump also. When i get it i will take pics and let you know.

M

mcknz323

i didnt take any pics but the skimmer is working great. the 1st couple of days it didnt do so good but now it is doing great. the skimmer is smaller than i thought but that is good i dont have a lot of space. i like it so far. we will see how it does in the long term. as for working it is pulling more out of the tank than the backpak 2r is.

D

daniel411

All skimmers take a few days, to a good week or so, before they start skimming. Its called the break-in period.
Keep us updated on how it performs!

ricecookie

I bought this skimmer off of ----. The thing is, the pump is WAY oversized and kind of cheaply made. I actually get 2 different flow rates depending on which way the impeller is spinning. Spinning one way it sounds like a baby rattle in my tank, spinning the otherway i don't even know that its on. The pump has a knob on it that doesn't really adjust the flow, it just interferes with it. When i have it about 3/4 the way closed it works fine. I would also suggest adding a valve at the end of the venturi inlet so that you can control the amount of air going into it. With the stock silencer that came on the inltet, i had fizz coming out of the collection cup. Hope this helps. :)

ricecookie

You get what you pay for. I'm happy with it, because it only cost me 40 dollars shipped. I'm using it on a 44 pent and my water quality has gone way up. Of course, the skimmer that I had before that was a berlin airlift. (no powerhead, just a cork air diffuser). I don't know much about the Bak Pak 2r, but if you dont have an incredible load on your tank this skimmer would probably suffice. It takes a lot of patience to get running, but when it does it produces plenty of nice "dry" foam.

M

mcknz323

this will probably make many people mad but i replaced my bak-pak 2r with this model. Why you ask? this one works better in my setup than the 2r did. I tried many different things with the 2r to get it to work good and it never did. I got the jebo and had them both in the sump and the 2r was producing nothing and the jebo was skimming like crazy. I pulled the 2r, cleaned it from top to bottom and reinstalled it in the sump. I waited about a week and the results were the same. i replaced the rio with the upgraded 1200 and still not the results of the jebo. I have had the 2r for over 5 yrs now and have never been impressed on the amout it skimmed. this is just my opinion and what has worked for me. It dont matter the price of the equiptment just if it works or not. I have had this one for a short period of time so in the long run i dont know how it will last.