Jebo 520 skimmer

blb9

I plumbed my the jebo 520 in today. It's still breaking in, but I love it. Almost no microbubbles or noise. The build is solid and does not leak. A very good buy at 65 dollars. I will post a pic soon.

blb9

As you can see, it is in sump. I tried running it external, but there was some leaks where I connected the tube to the inflow pvc, so I run it in sump. You can run it external as long as you is a bunch of pvc cement to attach the metric pvc to standard parts.

There were no instructions either on mine, mmedley, so I imitated, ok, ripped off the design ---- sellers are using for this skimmer.

The body is milked almost all the way to the base, and there are no microbubbles flowing out of the overflow tube, either.

blb9

Here is the plumbing-

and another shot-

You can look for a pipe to pvc elbow that fits 20mm pvc and simplify this.

joncat24

That skimmer looks very nice, especially for $65.
I have actually read quite a few good reviews of the 520. It is a copy of the asm's and is built well from what I have read. I have never used one, but that looks like it is producing a nice bubble column.
Take some pics of the skimmate after it gets broken in good.

psusocr1

i used the 520 for along time on my 300 gallon and it was AMAZING.. and i had one large bioload... you can beat the extreme skimmate that this thing produces, i dont care what anyone sayds.. proof is in the pudding!
its 10X better if you replac eit with a magdrive pump too... the pump it comes with i found out when testing my water, it was putting ALOT of current in the tank,, i mean alot! so you might want to test fro that.. then i replaced it with a magdrive and it worked evan better! i ran mine out of sump
heres the collection cup of my 520 , this is from one week..

blb9

here are some pics of the crap this skimmer pulls off an unstocked(live rock rubble only) 20 gallon. enjoy

This is normal wet skimmate, here is some dryer skimmate after i stirred up what detritus was in the tank(not much)

and some wet skimmate-