Jebo In Sump Filter Question

jr1053

I'm having a devil of a time trying to properly adjust my no frills Jebo in sump skimmer which I've learned is my most essential piece of marine equipment. Seems to be mismatched to the included pump since even at its' lowest water input and output settings it quickly fills up the collection cup with totally clean bubbles and clear foam in about 10 minutes time and then starts to overflow back into the sump tank. All combination of changes in the settings either turn the bubbles off completely or produce too many bubbles which quickly overfills the collection cup. How can I adjust this thing. Is there any AFFORDABLE protein skimmer options if I can't get this to work properly? Thanks!
John

trainfever

How long have you had it? It takes about a week to break in any skimmer. You might want to go to your LFS and buy an air valve. They cost about 69 cents for two of them. The air valve that comes with it is junk and you cant regulate it.

jr1053

Just got that air valve and it seems to have helped quite a bit. Will continue to watch the foam production as the unit ages as I only hooked this up a couple of weeks ago and as of now have a 110G tank stocked with only one clownfish. Thanks again.
John