Jeremy's new pictures!

jerthunter

Originally Posted by azfishgal
Your tank looks awesome and healthy.

Thanks! I hope it stays healthy. Lately I am have trying fewer smaller water changes and it actually seems to be getting healthier, so I hope this lasts.

jerthunter

rbrockm1 - I have PC lights, I believe it is the Dual Orbit by Current. 2 96 watt lamps, fan, and 1 LED moonlight (which I don't use since it is in the middle and blocked by the middle brace). I am considering upgrading to aquactintics TX5 however everything has been doing fine under these lights for several months now
jsteph24 & TriGa22 - Thanks for the compliments
I'll try to get a good full tank shot but I have a hard time getting one that isn't blurry.

rbrockm1

what salt do you use? also do you put any additives in your tank or do you just put your salt in and it takes care of itself?

jerthunter

Originally Posted by rbrockm1
what salt do you use? also do you put any additives in your tank or do you just put your salt in and it takes care of itself?
Currently I am using Tropic Marin Pro reef salt, I have recently been dripping limewater made from pickling lime, if my alk gets low I add baking soda, once a week or so I add a half dose of reef plus by Seachem, its an amino acid/vitamin supplement, I can't claim any noticable results yet because of it, we'll see.

rbrockm1

you have almost the same set up but i can't seem to keep corals as nice as you. its getting on my nerves. is that all you do?

jerthunter

Originally Posted by rbrockm1
you have almost the same set up but i can't seem to keep corals as nice as you. its getting on my nerves. is that all you do?
Well I have a good amount of flow I think, I run 2 maxi jet 1200's and a Tunze nanostream 6025, and a return pump from my sump probably does about 300 gph and is divereted to two outlets via a SCWD. Lets see, I run a Euroreef RS-80 skimmer which seems to work nicely, and I grow chaeto in my sump with a spotlight.
I add cyclopeeze roughly every two days for my suncoral and my gorgonian, although I am sure my other corals might benefit from it too. I have also tried DT's oyster eggs but I haven't seen any noticable results from that so I'll probably stop after I use up what I already have.
Oh, I run a phosban reactor with phosphate media.
Lately I've been trying roughly 10% waterchanges every 1 1/2 to 2 weeks and things have been looking better.
Overall I try to keep things simple, good equipment saves alot of time and money in my opinion. I try not to add anything unless I need it or I want to test it out like the oyster eggs and the reef plus, neither of which I think has helped.

jerthunter

Thanks autofreak44.
Since TriGa22 asked here is my latest attempt at a full shot, not the greatest but here it is.