Joe-L's bio cube bc29

joe-l

Tanks been up for 2 months, I did the usual mods (widened overflow from chamber 1 to 2 and replaced bioballs with LR and tunze 9002 skimmer, koralia powerhead in display). This is my first reef tank, more pics to come shortly

joe-l

Thanks, I currently have:
1 juvanile yellow tang ( temporarily until a little bigger for friends fish only 120 gal) purple dotty back, clown, and small snowflake eal. 1 coral banded shrimp, 1 cleaner shrimp, 1 flame shrimp, 2 emerald crabs, 1 boxer crab, small hermits, assorted snails, 2 conch snails. For coral I have 1 brain, 3 frogspawn, 1 pink long tentacle plate, 1 fox coral, 1 purple sea fan, 1 star polyp, zoanthids, 1 button coral, flower pot coral, 1 purple zenia, assorted small and large mushrooms, 2 alveopora, 1 sea star, and 2 feather duster.
The tank still doesnt have the "feal" im looking for. Im going to fill in some of the space on either side of the center piece with more live rock when i can find a couple pieces that catch my eye.

joe-l

Thank you, at first he was a little territorial most likely because he was the first in the tank. Hes now settled down, and coexists peacefully with the others. No problems thus far

K

kat74

Wow, your tank looks great!

Love the gsp at the top! Super bright green!
Lots of color and everything looks nice!~ Thanks for sharing!

joe-l

Thanks, before I started the tank I was researching nanos and came across yours kat74, very nice aquascaping

lando101

Love it! How much live rock and sand? I'm currently thinking on setting one up and like your setup so i'll just copy

joe-l

Thanks. I used 30 lbs of Natures Ocean live sand, and about 35 lbs of live rock. But I'm planning on getting more rock soon.

joe-l

Thanks, I've been breaking the bank every weekend.. Went to Aquarium Concepts today and bought a candy cane, shrooms, cats eye, and more LR. Ill post pics

demartini

have you ever been to new alameda aquatics? They have some of the nicest zoas and acans for pretty good prices... you may want to check them out.

joe-l

Never been, im in Marin so its a little out the way.. Sometime Ill make the drive and check it out, thanks. Heres a couple pics of the update

fishermon

That cube is KILLER!

Can you show me a pic of the mod you did to the chambers. I've got a 29g Biocube w/ the skimmer (not hooked it up yet- tank has been up since Saturday), but I've been checking out the Tunze & thinking about getting one.
Thanks in advance!