Joined the BluRay generation

spiderwoman

We got sick of having so much problems with our Samsung home theater system that we purchased a new system a few days ago. Yes today would have been the best day to do that, but we were not going to stand in lines and fight with nutty customers.
We went with Onkyo 7.1ch system and and LG BH200 Super-Blu Blu-Ray and HD DVD Player. Hubby has been installing them a few days as he has time and everything is now in place.
Our previous system was only a year old, but was already being repaired in Feb and that took a good 6 weeks. Had it hooked in for 3 weeks and it was broken again. We haven't watched any DVD's in the family room since then. I'm really lousy when it comes to breaking electronics... I'll have them repaired once and then I throw them away. Usually the manufacturer gets an earful too.

tangman99

Nice! Just curious why you went with the combo player when HD-DVD is no more. Did you have an HD-DVD player and movies? I have the HD-DVD and some movies so I've been looking at those in case my HD-DVD player dies in the future.

spiderwoman

We wanted to be sure we can play our existing HD DVD movies too and not have too many separate components attached to the system. We have the other DVD players attached to other TV's in the house. Right now we hooked up a DVD burner to the main system so that we can switch our DVR players to a newer version with TWC.
We did also buy the Monster Cable HDP 1800 High Definition PowerCenter to secure the whole home theater system. Until now we just had power strips and who knows, maybe a small spike messed up our previous system.

scotts

I hope you took the firls out of the house while hubby was hooking up the new system. Your young girls don't need to be hearing like that this ealy in their life.

BTW Our Blu-Ray plater takes a long time to turn on. The thing is slow.

spiderwoman

Originally Posted by Scotts
http:///forum/post/2855044
I hope you took the firls out of the house while hubby was hooking up the new system. Your young girls don't need to be hearing like that this ealy in their life.

BTW Our Blu-Ray plater takes a long time to turn on. The thing is slow.
Hehe he did the installation on a few evenings. The funniest one was when he was calibrating the speakers (Audyssey 2EQ). The system has 6 speakers, su
oofer and the center speaker and I was to hold this tiny thingy in my hands when he started the calibration. You hear this thumping sound from each of the speakers multiple times and the sound would be coming from the rear speakers and our girls would jump up and call it a *monster*.

johnbob

Originally Posted by SpiderWoman
http:///forum/post/2855054
Hehe he did the installation on a few evenings. The funniest one was when he was calibrating the speakers (Audyssey 2EQ). The system has 6 speakers, su
oofer and the center speaker and I was to hold this tiny thingy in my hands when he started the calibration. You hear this thumping sound from each of the speakers multiple times and the sound would be coming from the rear speakers and our girls would jump up and call it a *monster*.

Good choice with the onkyo. We bought one last christmas and its awesome. Never had any problems out of it.