Joncat24's pico reef

joncat24

I got this in trade for some corals from my 120. So I just had to set up a mini(and I mean MINI) reef.

cedarreef

awesome little reef! what kind of palys are the orange ones with the green mouth at the bottom? I have some as hitchhikers n want an ID

spanko

Dascyllus will certainly be the KING of that tank. Looks nice. Going to keep it as open looking as it is? Looks good like that IMO

joncat24

Thx all.
The palys are just brownish with green mouths, I have no idea what the name of them is.
I am not planning anymore rock, just whatever the coral frags are attached to. I am going to add some more zoas and some nuclear green palys and loose shrooms.
It is just a cool little tank to play with...lol

joncat24

I added a koralia nano, and needed to add some more rock to disrupt the flow and to cover it up a bit, so I took some new pics...lol

joncat24

took some new pics yesterday....thought I would throw a couple of my baby reef up...lol
It is not very big, but it is alot of fun.

flower

That looks fantastic. I am too much of a coward to try something that small, but wow it sure looks nice.

joncat24

thx guys...it is really pretty easy...evaps about 1 cup a day, and I chnage out 1/2 gallon every week to 10 days.

debbie

Cute pico, I have a 3 gal as well. Love it, they are alot of fun to have. What kind of light do you have on that tank??
Do you find that powerhead to strong for the tank??

joncat24

Originally Posted by Debbie
http:///forum/post/3024874
Cute pico, I have a 3 gal as well. Love it, they are alot of fun to have. What kind of light do you have on that tank??
Do you find that powerhead to strong for the tank??

I have the coralife 2x18 watt on it...
I took the koralia nano out a while ago.....too much for that little tank. I am running an aquaclear 30 on it for the filter now, and that is all the flow there is. Seems to be just right.