Jumping Lawnmower Blenny...

phoenixinx

I'm looking in my tank and can't find him...
WAIT, there he is... six feet away under a table.
Has ANYONE heard of a lawnmower jumping out of their tank?!?! :confused:

T

thomas712

Many fish can jump out of an aquarium, question is when its not known as a jumper then why? Aggression? Stray voltage, water conditions? Oxygen issues? Heat/Cold? Just a few off the top of my head.
Thomas

skirrby

man i really hope i dont have a fish jump out of my tank once i get fish. with the hood closed i dont see how one could... but you never know. i just hope i would notice it before my 2 cats or my dobermin would. last time a saw a fish jump out of a tank was a long time ago at a buddies house.. it was a freshwater tank located close to the kitchen, the fish jumped out and laned on a hot frying pan we had out as we were making dinner.. couldnt believe the thing lived through that too.

S

sebae0

my lawnmower blenny jumped too, don't know why he was eating well and everything seemed fine.

phoenixinx

Originally posted by sebae0
my lawnmower blenny jumped too, don't know why he was eating well and everything seemed fine.

Exactly.
I guess he found out the water wasn't bluer on the other side! :D

lesliefox

I believe that blennies in general are natural jumpers. I have a scooter blenny and he bounces around the tank alot, more so when the light is shut off.. But he has yet to jump out of the tank.. Good luck with that.