June pics with top down pics

stanlalee

top down pics are cool but kinda hard to do and turning off six pumps is no good (I only left the return pump on). no new livestock but thats gonna change by mid next week.

thing started developing blue tips like overnight. 1rst few months completely pink.

stanlalee

more

I swore I killed this off about a year ago and out of nowhere
hope it stays on just that rock. it used to grow like crazy under just pc

babyb

omg those are beautiful corals and fish, i love the hammer, i want one but cant find one that i like, yours is beautiful

P

pasphotography

Is this the tank that you used the sand from the hardware store?

stanlalee

Originally Posted by PASPhotography
Is this the tank that you used the sand from the hardware store?
yes it is
and thanks for looking everyone!

stanlalee

Originally Posted by crt81
Beautiful tank!

I love the midas blenny! I have one too and I love mine.
thanks, blenny's are one of my favorite fish. so much personality compared to everything else I have. I wasn't even trying to take pic of him in all those shots but he wouldn't keep out the way of the camera so kept snapping.

addicted2

very nice Stanlalee!!! your tank is beautiful! the shots from above look really nice...I love frogspawns and hammers! I hope to soon aquire one..can't find one that is small that I like..I have alot to learn about the reef part..my fish do well..but reefing is another story. I have the easy things like zoos, shrooms and ricordias...they do great but I want more!

addicted2

Originally Posted by Stanlalee
thanks, blenny's are one of my favorite fish. so much personality compared to everything else I have. I wasn't even trying to take pic of him in all those shots but he wouldn't keep out the way of the camera so kept snapping.
I have a midas too..she is something else...she hid the first day and from then on..she is a constant swimmer...show off...I love her! blue eyes and all

This is a pic of my 2 blennies "Queen Midas and Shypoke with my cabbage coral frag (Shypoke is in his comfy cozy clam shell bed under the cabbage coral)

sc0rp_xiii

$3.49 per 50lbs of sand and looking great!!
Love the powder brown tang too. Want one of those when my tank gets better established

scotty37

I have been hearing everyone freaking out about the silicates or whatever in the play sand? Is there a certain kind that doesnt have that? and What did you seed it with that matched it up so nice?

sc0rp_xiii

Originally Posted by scotty37
I have been hearing everyone freaking out about the silicates or whatever in the play sand? Is there a certain kind that doesnt have that? and What did you seed it with that matched it up so nice?
I asked the same question a few days ago and read here. I have three bags of the Koralscape fine white sand at home waiting to go in. ScubaNoah I believe posted in this thread that it passed the vinegar test.
Thread 1
Thread 2
I bought three bags at K-Mart for $11 after tax

stanlalee

Originally Posted by scotty37
thanks everyone!
I didn't do anything with the play sand except dump it in the tank and fill it with water. Its not seeded with live sand or mixed with any other sand. Its Koloscape in the blue bag sold at Home Depot and K mart. the bag warns it has a small amount of silica (not sure about silicates or the difference). Use at your own risk. I'm not afraid of play sand or algae blooms. It takes more than one variable to cause an algae bloom. I have Macro algae, UV, decent flow ect to help combat nuisance algae. I've mentioned it before but I do manually stir my sandbed every few days to keep it semi clean looking. I've also pointed out my 12hr light schedule and bioload are probably responsible for me having to do that since I have the same sand in my sump and have never touched it yet it looks like it did the day I got it. Its also on a 12hr reverse lighting schedule but no fish pooping in it and much of the light is blocked by cheato.
might as well link my new additions thread while I'm here! I'm so itching to order more stuff even though I have zero squandering money left in this months budget.

new additions thread