just a thought

killafins

i want to start a nano tank but i want to do a small small so very small one. I mean, 1 gallon or something. but what can u put in there? one piece of live rock??? can u put any animals in there? like a coral or an anenome? How about some sort of fish or invert... thnx in advance

zack schwartz

Yea, like a piece of LR and some LS. I bet you could do some shrroms or zoos too! Lighting is something to think about, maybe a 13 watt PC would work. As for fish I would not maybe a snail or two

T

thomas712

I would think it would be kind of hard to keep an anemonie in a 1 gallon, but like Zack says some shrooms and polyps would be nice
Thomas

killafins

okay, so at walmart they have this tank set up where it comes iwth a gallon tank, undergravel filter, and light. could i use the filter and do u think there's a light that i can fit over the lid or what?

marco333

there is like the one gallen razzle-dazzle tank that comes with a 7 watt pc light. I konw a guy that had 2. One Had LR, LS and a harlaquin shrimp. THe other had mushrooms and zoos, and about 5 sexy shrimp.

spsfreak100

There was a person on another site which had a 24 once nano. The tank consisted of a 1/2" sandbed, a single peice of liverock, 13wt 50/50 Power Compact light, a small "Mini Jet" powerhead for water motion, a small heater, a digital thermometer, and some zooanthids. It was actually quite a beautiful tank! But, it can be extremely difficult to maintain!
Graham

brooklyn johnny

Listen to Graham on this one... it's possible but it's no goldfish bowl... If you do decide to try you have some major researching to do...
I'm not trying to discourage you, but just realize that it's no easy feat...
Johnny

beaslbob

Originally posted by killafins
okay, so at walmart they have this tank set up where it comes iwth a gallon tank, undergravel filter, and light. could i use the filter and do u think there's a light that i can fit over the lid or what?

With a one gallow size there would seem to be all sorts of interesting, decorative containers to use as your tank. throw in some macro algae/plants and there would be no need for any filter.

killafins

macro-algae plants? Really... no filter eh?
Do you think there is any fish I can put in there??? I know 1 gallon, this is not a really dependable thought but just asking.
Alright, well this is my thought. If i get the one gallon set up and place my old 20 gallon tank bar over it that should be okay? I'm not sure what wattage it is but it came in a those box set dealies... i think it must be about 10 watts or sumfin at least? And if you think about it the recommended this is 6 watts a gallon so....
So anenome are out? I mean, I really really want an anenome i just don't think i can put one in any of my tanks.... This is what I was thinking though...
Light, already told you about, would it work?
Live rock, I want to put in a couple pieces of live rock from my 20 gallon tank and put it in there... I will probably add sand from my 55 gallon (not live sand)... and surround the rocks.
I really want an anenome... i am aware it will be hard but (not saying i will do it, but if i was CAN i do it and how?)
As for a heater, I'll grab a six inch heater or something... or how do you guys do heaters for such small tanks???
My next thought is getting a ten gallon for a refugium for my twenty. But If I do this I would like to make it a nano... (maybe a five gallon or something)...
thoughts neone?