Just added LR, need a little help

b-rock77

Alright, I just added 10 more lbs of LR to the already existing 15lbs LR and 40lbs LS that was added 2 weeks ago. I am planning on letting the water cycle another week or two before adding a cleaning crew. My goal is to add some corals and clams later on but need advice on if i need to buy a protein skimmer?? Its all in a BioCube 29G.
ps-i added LR rubble and removed 1/2 the bioballs, any thoughts and opinions well appreciated. Pics coming soon. Thanks

nygel

you dont have to have a protien skimmer, its recommended, i personally dont have one and am fine.

kralicek3060

Boy you have a lot of LS. I would replace all your bioballs, Get the Oceanic skimmer and upgrade your pump. A Hydor deflector is nice as well. I have a biocube 14 gal and upgraded the pump to a Rio 800 which gave me over 70 gph more flow and added a Hydor as well which really circulates the water well. Extra - I would upgrade the lights by a tuner site out there. The 29 has really good options for upgrade. Also, there are really no good carbon packs to put into the filtration, but I found that Hagen makes a carbon pack for there filters that fits perfectly into the biocube 14 and I am sure a bigger one would fit just as good into the 29. Just food for thought.