Just cleaned alot of stuff think it helps with nitrates?

flip_x

Hey everyone!! i just finished cleaning my fish tank well just the equipment.. as i have high nitrates 50.. anyways i cleaned my skimmer and bubble trap.. omg that thing was soo heavy.. then cleaned my ph they were all gunked up with algae then cleaned my dt cheato i put in as it had alot of crap in it.. you think it will help lower my nitrates? thanks ill post a pic in a min..

nycbob

cleaning everything will help, but not a long-term solution. a well-run reef system shouldnt hv problem sustaining low nitrate level. ditch the canister filter, and get more live rocks. with lr, good flow and weekly water change, nitrate shouldnt be an issue assuming u r not using tap water.

flip_x

Originally Posted by nycbob
http:///forum/post/3050404
cleaning everything will help, but not a long-term solution. a well-run reef system shouldnt hv problem sustaining low nitrate level. ditch the canister filter, and get more live rocks. with lr, good flow and weekly water change, nitrate shouldnt be an issue assuming u r not using tap water.

I just havent cleaned any of those equipment i listed for a while..
im just saving up for a wet/dry filter i may make it in to a part fuge.. ya i know i need alittle more lr i found a place for $4/lb for fully cured.. i always do a weekly water change 20% for the past month.. i figured it should be lowered already since i change it all the time now.. but only time will tell now.. im running phosban to help with the algae on the rocks and its helping so far only been in there for a few days..
i have 2 koralia one #2 and #3
thanks.. any other ideas?