just for kicks. what about this skimmer?

grubsnaek

i have a 20L frag tank with a 10g sump w/fuge. i dont not currently have a skimmer. but was looking at the Fission nano skimmer. i would think something is better than nothing. i dont have much room, and this fits nicely. what do ya think???????????

jonthefishguy

no, too small wont make a dent. the turn over rate is no where close to what you need for a 20 long and 10 gallon sump.

grubsnaek

i didnt expect much, im not a newb but was wondering if it could help any. i will just stick to 3-5g water changes weekly instead of tryin any skimmer out.

teen

look at the coralife super skimmer 65. it can be used in sump or as a HOB. it will fit in your 10 gallon as a HOB no problem. thats how i run mine. its relatively cheap and works awesome. all that goes in the tank is the pump and overflow box. all fits conveniently onto one side.

grubsnaek

it seems like it might be to tall. also the water level in the sump is about 8" high. will the water level be high enough for the intake of the skimmer. im guessing via powerhead.

I've never seen anyone have luck with this skimmer in person and I view a lot of nano reef tanks weekly. Try the small Remora skimmer. It's way more expensive but it actually works.

grubsnaek

no need to spend extra money when its a frag tank, even if there was only one or two fish in the tank. say 2 fish in a 30g system with weekly water changes i still might not even need a skimmer. just not trying to spend that much on a skimmer for a frag tank. thanx though!

grubsnaek

seaclone are not the best did have one. but still couldnt put one on cause of the fact of how short the tank is. with the tank sitting on the stands floor the tank is only like 10-12" high. so a skimmer is a tough one for rite now.

nietzsche

what about one of the hang on back aqua c remoras? maybe the nano aqua c remora? havent heard many reviews about the nano aqua c, but the regular one ive hard some positive reviews

grubsnaek

not really sure if i even need one. i would like to add a diamond goby to sift the sand but that doesnt mean i need a skimmer. just thought that little skimmer might of help at least alittle.