Just getting back into it

halamaya

I bought a small anemone only a week ago. Probably about an inch in diameter. Seemed fine last night and this morning was being picked at by my cleaner shrimp. Its mostly dead and only hanging on by a piece of its foot. I wondered if the anemone was already dying or dead or did the cleaner shrimp help in killing the anemone. Thanks for any help I'll be getting some water test results posted soon.

mauler

What are your parameters like, what lights are you using and how long has the tank been set up?

halamaya

My tank has been set up for about 7 years but I recently moved about a month ago. I have an Aquatic life light with 2x10,000K and 2x50/50. I had a heater go crazy a couple of years ago and lost all but my Clown fish and yellow watchman goby. In my Move I lost my Three anemones a mini max and a Bubble that had split. I probably rushed things but my numbers seemed stable and my Nitrates were down to 5.

halamaya

Unfortunately there isn't anything left to pull out. He was pretty small so I think he was eaten by something.