Just Got A Nano !!!

G

garychef1

OK, well i wanted a small tank for my home office so i went to my LFS and got a 14g oceanic bio cube with coralline loaded LR and a heater. I want to throw 2 nice percs in there even though i have 2 in my 55. They are just too cool. I will probly throw in some hermits and a few snails. Can i put in a skunk shrimp as well? I first want to get an anemone and let it find its spot and then put ion some corals. Any suggestions on what anemone i should get? I want one that will host my clowns relatively easily. I thought BTA's hosted them real well but one of my LFS guys is really experienced and he says he has never seen a clown hosting a BTA. He recommded a carpet anemone. Could i put a carpet in a 14g? And carpets, i hear, pack a nice big sting. I would love an RBTA but i would like someone who knows what they are doing with bio cubes to tell me. Any tips you guys have please let me know.

jonthefishguy

Carpets get about the size of a medium pizza 13+ inches so no... not a good choice. yes you can add a shrimp but no more fish. 2 fish nd thts it, a few corals and MAYBE an anemone.

jonthefishguy

There is no exact size...the are usually an average size compared to others...there is no telling how big they get, no too big not too smalll...just right! But maybe not right for a 14 gallon

G

garychef1

ok... i saw an anemone at the LFS that was about 3-4 inches in diameter. It had 1-2 inch tentacles and it was white. I didnt get it because the tank is not set up and a clown was hosting it and i didnt want them to be broken apart from each other.

sexyfishers

i have bta in my 125 g and a clarki hosts it perfectly.. they are like lovers... anyways.. i had a perc before the clarki that was like nemo and got sucked into the intake.. he didnt make it, but never even 'found' the bta..however, I think a clarki would be too big for a 14g.. jmo

rbrockm1

ive had an ocellaris host a bta b4 but that was awhile ago. the way i got them to do that was i saw them at my lfs together and bought them. i lost the bta on the move to Ga and haven't paired the clown again. just keep looking at your lfs. this was a sure way i knew the clown would host.

fishfiend

unless youre going to have halides on the tank i wouldnt suggest putting any kind of anemone in there, sure it would live for a while... but not very healthily and will eventually die. Some people believe that its possible to have anemones in lighting less powerful than metal halides, but its just not healthy for the anemone. They were made for strong light..

G

garychef1

the light is very strong in the tank. I mean it is brighter throughout my tank than the bottom of my 55 reef.