Just got back from Atlantis!

reeferdude

I just got back to Dallas from Atlantis in the Bahamas. They have a 2.7 million gallon aggressive tank with about 6 or so blacktips and other reef sharks. They also had tons of southern, spotted eagle, and one BIG manta ray, also some zebras, nurses and some huge cudas. They had a few schools of jacks and tarpin (sp?). I didnt see many reef fish there but they did have one little (about 250g or so) reef tank but it seemed to me that they had a newbie running it. Funniest thing of all is that some of the tanks get real shallow and run by the walk ways, my last day there I looked over the edge on one and to my suprise I see about a million little aptasia (sp?) buds. They also had a horrible hair algae problem. I think they just need a couple of us to come help out!!! If you have never heard of this place check out atlantis.com.

moraym

I've promised the girl a trip there next summer, unfortunately that requires me to save all my aquarium money for that purpose. So we'll see if I end up doing that or not.

pimp5047

Yeah Reeferdude,
I just got back from there too and I have to agree with you. My main problem though was that Rose, the manta ray, was much too large for the tank. I didn't really like their lionfish tank either, and I'm a lover of those babies!

reeferdude

Well they put about 15 or so clowns in about a 50g tank, they have the filtration for it but they make people think that they can go home and do it.