Just had to share some pics of my new liverock!

foxthorn

I got this new rock on Friday. For those familiar with the place - I got it from Tropicorium (Romulus, MI).
I got 50 pounds ... 10 is Fiji.. the rest is premium Vanauatu rock... Never hear of Vanauatu rock before but it looks great!
Here is the first pic...

foxthorn

And another hitchhiker... we found at least 12 of these... small starfish about the size of a pencil eraser.

aarone

possibly a rock anemone or a flower anemone. Great looking rock, i like the vanautau rock!
aaron

lionstorm

live rock is such a wonderful thing :) do searches on hitchhikers to get more info on your little stars and your anemone looking creature.

drakken

Mama always said "Life is like a box of live rock... ya never know whatcha gonna get."
Nice LR and pics!

lovethesea

Where else can you go and people go crazy over rock? That stuff looks geat. The last rock we got was from Figi and it was awesome.
We had 2 hitchikers in that batch and they look just like your star.
They cruise around un noticed really. Occaisionally will hang out for a few days and then disappear. We have had them for about 6 months and have done well and no one has bothered them.
Oh, and they have never really gotten bigger, which surprised me.

bdhough

Asternia star.
The "polyp" looks like a rock anemone which is worse than aptasia. Not entirely sure on the genus denominations but rock anemones can spread just like aptasia and there is nothing short of removing them from the rock that can kill them. Even Kalk i've heard doesn't work.....

calvindo

Originally posted by Drakken
Mama always said "Life is like a box of live rock... ya never know whatcha gonna get."
Nice LR and pics!

LOL.... absolutely true... you wouldnt believe what came with my lr today

foxthorn

Thanks for the replies everyone!!
The more I stare at the rock the more I find... found some snails and some star polyps.
Also saw this snake/worm looking thing - was almost clear and about an inch long zooming around on the sand just after the lights came on -- then he disappeared.
Ahh.. who would have thought rock could be so much fun. I guess that's why it costs so much! ;)

tyr-sog

Tropicorium, how's their stock out there. It's a hike for me but I wanna take a trip sometime soon out there.
For anyone who doesn't know this store is in a greenhouse with hugh shallow pools of corals. I'd say there is about 12 pools which are 20'x10'. Not to mention tanks stocked.
Sound about right foxhorn, only been there once awhile ago.