just ordered my new tank!!

zoie2

My 12 gal Aquapod is slowly dying (and has been for a year or so).
I just ordered the 12 gal. nano cube. I am excited and also bummed out. My tank is 3 yrs. old and has incredible coraline growth. I had to scrape it off the intake grid because it wasn't letting in enough water to cover my pump.
I was going to get a replacement hood but I guess this one can't be replaced because it's like first generation or something. It was the following year they made them replaceable. Oh well.
I guess it will be fun starting over. I like the look of the nano cube better anyway.

Now I have 2 nano cubes.

zoie2

Probably the same way I have it set up now. I cut the sponge in the first chamber and put a bag of purigen on top of that. I put the heater in the next chamber and the pump in the third.

zoie2

I don't even know what filter floss is. I read a lot about the different ways people do their chambers, but this is all I've had for 3 years and it has worked good for me. Of course I guess it could always be better.

zoie2

Blah! I can't touch that stuff, it shivers me. Just thinking about it is sending shivers down my spine!!
It's like the stuff you take out of medicine bottles, right? My husband chases me around the house with that stuff! That's all I need is to buy a bag of that!

Anyway, I am getting a $30 gift certificate with my purchase so I think I am going to get a power head thing. Karlina or something like that. they make them for nano's. It's 27.00 so I will put it in my 6 gal and hopefully clear up my algae problem.
I will definitely post pics.

dankbardy31

Filter floss isn't nearly as bad as that cotton ball crap in medicine bottles. Using that instead of a sponge is easy because you don't clean it or rinse it. Just toss the old and throw in some new. Good luck with the new tanks. Do you have pics of your old tank?

zoie2

maybe I will look into filter floss. If it doesn't shiver me, it sounds like it might be easier.
Here is a pic of my tank in Feb.

It looks a little different now because I have moved some of the coral into my 6 gal.