Just setup my tank

pscape

I setup my tank a week ago and am waiting for it to cycle I have a 92 gallon tank and 150 pounds of live rock.I am wondering if I should start running my protein skimmer.My protein skimmer is a e.t.s.s are they any good.

g-dude

Yes you should get your protein skimmer running. You should also feed your LR a bit of food because it also eats. Perhaps a couple of damsels should be put in as well to your tank cycle faster. Once your tank has cycled take the damsels out and back to the store.

yosemite sam

Welcome to the board! Yeah, get your skimmer running (you have a good brand). There are easier ways to get your tank to start cycling than adding damsels. They are a pain to catch if you want to take them out later. Most people here put in a few raw shrimp and leave them for a couple of days.

g-dude

I have been wondering about that. What kind of raw shrimp do you use? Is it the kind you buy at a seafood market? Is it dead or alive? Does it matter? And how does it work? Its just one of those things Id like to know.

pscape

Thanks for your help at the Lps they told me to wait a month.I thought they were wrong.Thanks for all your help