Just some shots from my 10g today

mike22cha

Well here's my Citrus clown goby and my clam today. Both doing great, but my two peppermint shrimp mysteriously died yesterday. Anyways here are the pics:

mike22cha

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
http:///forum/post/2530550
Its looking good!
You should add more water.
Yeah I know. I wish my mom would let me mix some water at her house. I guess I'm going to have to start going to the lfs again. Until then I'm using water from my 20g.

ifirefight

Mike, If your water is that low,and its from evaporation...your levels are WAY off. I see you have another thread on your shrimp dying...and I remember your SPS problem. In a small tank like that it is even more important to keep you water topped off. My guess is that most of your problems are caused by your levels being off. (salinity for sure). I do like the rock work BTW

jpa0741

You might also want to think about moving that clam up on the rocks. I don't know what kind of lights you have, but it doesn't look real happy.

paintballer768

Hes got 150 watt MH over it. Clam definitely doesnt look good. If the water level lowers during the week, add RO/DI water or distilled water to top off, NOT more salt water. Thatll spike the salinity through the roof. Check it with a refracto.

mike22cha

Ok parameters seem to have been fine, I'll check again tomorrow. Calcium has been high and salinity a little low, but again I'll check tomorrow. And the clam may not be "looking to good" becuase I had to dig through the rockwork to get my dead shrimp before my nitrates spiked, and I took off the lights to clean off the salt so the lights were just added, and the goby has been hanging with the clam some. Just things to consider. I'll do tests tomorrow, and do a top off with some sw from the 20g if my guess is right and the salinity is still low.

espkh9

Because when the water evaporates the salinity goes up you would need to ass di water to get it to the top without adding this di water with salt. Youse refractometer its a must then you can see if your too high or low and adjust accordingly.

mike22cha

Well my salinity did jump, which is wierd because again a couple days ago it was low. Since I won't be able to go to a lfs for a while, I'm going to slowly add distilled water.