Just witnessed the sickest thing ever!

bradttu

So I walk into the lab just a few minutes ago, and the students are dissecting human brains. Probably the most disgusting thing I have ever seen.
They cut one in half and I started sweating and couldn't stand up straight. I almost passed out.
NASTY.

purity

that would RULE. "reign in blood" by slayer is now in my head. ever seen an autopsy? they take these big pliers and just crack apart the ribs one by one.

bradttu

That is just nasty!! :scared: The instructor was laughing at me when I was down there. He said, "I guess you weren't cut out to be in the healthcare field." I said HEEEEEELLLLLLLL no. He invited me to watch them cut up cadavers in a few days. Needless to say, I won't be joining them.

saltymom

Thank goodness some people have the stomachs for that kind of stuff...otherwise, we wouldnt have any brain surgeons out there saving lives, removing brain tumors, or cutting apart conjoined twins and the such!

fishkiller

Purity- You should be ashamed! :happy: :happy: lol That album is by far my favorite from slayer. I got my slipknot tickets for april 4th!!:happy: :happy: I don't know if you care about them, but I felt like saying it. It makes feel all funny inside.:notsure: LOL Now I have the beginning of that song in my head...
uer ner ner ner nerrr, ner nerrrr, ner ner ner ner nerrrrr.... :happy:
Bradtu- the slab lab can be fun. Just think about the cadaver as if it were a car. If something squirts on you, it's like oil, just wipe it off, whatever... We named this one head "Elvis" b/c of his huge sideburns we left on. Do yall have a bucket-o-heads in your facility? We had this 3 ft tall, 2 ft wide tub full of heads and frmaldyhide. Elvis rocked!

purity

Originally posted by fishkiller
Purity- You should be ashamed! :happy: :happy: lol That album is by far my favorite from slayer. I got my slipknot tickets for april 4th!!:happy: :happy: I don't know if you care about them, but I felt like saying it. It makes feel all funny inside.:notsure: LOL Now I have the beginning of that song in my head...
uer ner ner ner nerrr, ner nerrrr, ner ner ner ner nerrrrr.... :happy:

....DUNT DUNT DUNT!!!!!
yeah i'm ozzfest bound man. july 31st and it's on with slayer, knot, dimu, and superjoint ritual. the new knot album comes out in may and it's being produced by rick rubin- he's done every slayer album plus system of a down, beastie boys, ll cool j, rhcp, and TONS more. it should be VERY GOOD m/

bradttu

Originally posted by fishkiller
Do yall have a bucket-o-heads in your facility? We had this 3 ft tall, 2 ft wide tub full of heads and frmaldyhide. Elvis rocked!

I have NO idea. I stay as far away from that place as possible. I'll leave that to the students and instructors. The doc just walked in here a second ago to see what I thought and he smelled like formaldehyde. TWO THUMBS DOWN

fishkiller

NICE! I didn't know when it was coming out. My b-day is in may!! HAPPY B-DAY TO ME!! (playing RIB on the Ibanez) I need a drummer! Yeah man, Ozfest is going to be sweet this year. That's always one of those events that you reallywish you could remember cuz it was so cool, but you can't for some reason. I'll pace myself this time, maybe I'll be good for the whole night.:notsure: Gonna take pics and put em up here now that there is this OT board. One more month. Have you ever seen em?(slipknot)

purity

i saw em at ozzfest '01, pledge yer allegience, and tattoo the earth. they've always put on a great show. especially the pledge show!! that's actually on their dvd and joey's drum solo is outta this world!
it just kinda pisses me off that they're gettin thrown on 2nd stage. there better not be a good act on 1st stage @ the same time.

jared

OT, sorry.
It's good to know I'm not the only metalhead here!
What other bands are you guys into? here's a short list of mine:
Metallica (by far my favorite)
Cradle of filth
Archenemy
Shadows fall
Slipknot
ACDC
Slayer
Mudvayne
Ozzy
Megadeth
Raumstein
I also dig some classical, as long as it's a good mix. Lord of the Rings totally rules.

purity

those are great bands jared. i'd also like to add to yer list:
-fear factory
-soulfly
-sepultura
-in flames
-pantera
-down
-superjoint ritual
-dimu bougire (spelling)
-iron maiden
-danzig
-suicidal tendencies

saltysyd

that would rock! One of my friends is in school to become a pysical therapist and she had a cadaver class. They had to saw off one of the arms and one of the legs with a hand saw she sad she felt like a serial killer, lol.
~ Also, I jus bought my BF the best of Pantera Cd the other day, he loves that crap too, well some ot it's ok. :D

bradttu

Originally posted by saltysyd
that would rock! One of my friends is in school to become a pysical therapist and she had a cadaver class.

The students that were doing this today are PT students.

fishkiller

My list is similar:
Pantera
Slipknot
Stone Sour
Slayer
Fear Factory
Sepultura
Soulfly
Machinehead
others I am forgetting I will list later. I have a bad short-term memory:sleepy:

fishkiller

mmmm, bodily fluids... (squirt!) OOPS SORRY!!! That'll come out. It doesn't stink so bad after you wash it a few times-use hot water. Not that this has anything to do w/ cadavers, but the only thing that will get rid of blood stains on clothes is bleach and HOT water. I don't mean, a scrape on the elbow kinda blood. More like you just emptied someone's skull all over the garage door and they just so happened to fall on you and get you all wet. God I hate when this happens. Anywayz, yeah, bleach works fine. Or fire.- No DNA!!:thinking:

joerdie

Nine inch nails
kmfdm
ministry
the deadlights
kidney theives
drop shadow
im more into industrial that death but i like a few death metal bands
cradle of filth (Danny filth kicks --- and makes marilyn manson look like mickey mouse)
gwar
super joint ritual (i like them better than pantera)
coal chamber
slipknot
anthrax
the only band i saw on all of the previos lists i would have to disagre with would be metalica. no im not one of those guys running around yelling SELL OUT!!! personally i just dont see what all the fus is about. their earlier albums where okay (kill em all or the album with "one" on it. i think that was ... and justice for all?) but they dont seem to rock as heavy as they are given credit for.

joerdie

i also looooooovvvvvveeee to see stuff getting disected. but i went into social work and didnt get to do any of that fun stuff in college.