Juvenal Black Angel wont eat frozen food. All he does it pick at algy

floods7

My girlfriend got me a really nice, really small Black Angel and he is a fish i have wanted for some time. He has been in my tank for 4 days now. When he was first in the tank he was very shy and stayed in his own corner but now he explores the tank and swims around. But he still doesn’t go after frozen food. I feed a mixture of blood worms, Mysis, plankton and a spongy angel formula, I even threw in some live brine one day and he never went after anything. I do see him grazing and picking at what I am assuming is small hair algy on the rocks.
Is this normal? any recommendations?

S

siptang

Angels take a bit to acclimate into tank life. Rule of thumb is to check if they are eating at the LFS and be sure to tell your gf that for future reference. Ask them to see if they will eat brine, pellets or any various food.
Do it enough to encourage the feeding but not too much where it will make the parameter go off.
My angels usually took about 4-7 days to fully acclimate.

S

smallreef

also put some nori on a rock and tie it with a rubberband or something to keep it on there,, if he is atleast picking off of the rock he may take some nori....