Kalkwasser drip

cranium55

I was considering a DIY kalkwasser drip with a one gallon container, some plastic tubing, and a standard valve from a hardware store. I was planning on dripping straight into the tank (55 gal. reef) since I do not have a sump. My questions are how much of a mixture should I use with a one gallon jug, and when it is empty if I should make another mixture or fill it up with R.O. water, shake, and drip again. Should I continue to use the fill and shake method a couple times before I make a new mixture or not?

nm reef

Cranium.....may not help but here is what I do.......I also have a 1 gal DIY drip system for kalk.......early each evening I mix 1 tablespoon of kalk with 1 gal ro/di.....let it sit a few hours and then after lights out I start the drip.....next day I empty the stuff from the bottom and do it all over again......been working fine for about 9 months now..........by the way I use balls pickling lime as my mix..........and my drip goes in the refugium not directly into the display but either would work

Cranium
Are you looking to buy a good doser pump?? I'm looking to sell one (new) very good pump and you can control the flow.
E-mail if intrested
Wastedincome420@aol.com