Kant enneyone speel nneymore?

benj420

I don't want to get off on a rant here, but is it just me, or have most people lost the ability to spell and put together sentences? I mean, I misspell words from time to time and have typos, but some of the posts are so bad that you have to read them 4 or 5 times and still can't understand what the person is saying. Sure, some of the contributors are from outside the US and it is understandable that they have less than perfect spelling and sentence structure because English is not their first language. However, many people in this country seem to have lost the ability to spell and read what they have typed before they click the Send button, but I guess they have an excuse too.... English is not their first language... unfortunately, nothing is...
I hope that no one takes offense to my comments, but reads them as the tounge-in-cheek, semi-accurate commentary on society.

S

sinner's girl

the sad part it, I understood your title...
Nope, I can't spell. I have a masters in English, undergrad in English too, but I honestly can't spell. That's why I use word to spell check my post.

celacanthr

Please if my following post bothers you, do not worry about, please let us not get this post deleted:
OK, I ADMIT IT! I used a double infinitive once, and for a day, I couldn't spell anenome, but that is the worst I have ever done. NO! I mean no need for you to read through my post, to check.

crashedin0

lol tehre was a sutdy dnoe at a mjoar uineversity taht no mtater waht odrer the ltetres
of a wrod a palecd the hmaun bairn udnrestadns as lnog as the frist and lsat lteters are in the rghit sopt lol
pretty cool huh thus the concept of speed reading hahahahahahahahaa
rcok on ddues

fish tv

I just read a message I swear was in text message-speak. I understood it, but it wasn't in English. It may be time to banish text messages until everyone under forty can show they can write in proper English first.

thangbom

Haha Well In Truth That Is Funny.. Do You Know Why?? Well Most People Hate My Typing.. They Say They Cant Read Or Understand It.. Well.. That Is What Happen When U Chat Online For A While And Learn To Shorthand Eveyrthing So U Can Talk To 10 People At Once.. So Excuse Me For They Way I Usually Type But I Cant Help It.. It Is Soo Much Faster... And It's Not That Hard To Understand.. Lots Of The Words Are Just As U See It.. Like 4m= From.. Or Hea= Here.. And Stuff Like That... Say It Out Loud And You Will See... Lots Of Things Are A Given To Me.. Just Like How Everyone Know When 'lol' Mean Or 'imo' If U Read It .. It Dont Sound Like Anything..

jmick

With the advent of spell checker there is no excuse other than laziness—it drives me nuts when people post something and every other word is misspelled. I blame it on the dumbing down of America….

farmboy

Hey Thang,
"hea" may sound like "here" in Jersy, but not in KY!

And in Boston "ka" would be that thing with 4 wheels you drive around. In KY we would call it a "KR".

I think that kind of speak may be regional at best. :thinking:

steelgluer

Originally Posted by ThaNgBom
Haha Well In Truth That Is Funny.. Do You Know Why?? Well Most People Hate My Typing.. They Say They Cant Read Or Understand It.. Well.. That Is What Happen When U Chat Online For A While And Learn To Shorthand Eveyrthing So U Can Talk To 10 People At Once.. So Excuse Me For They Way I Usually Type But I Cant Help It.. It Is Soo Much Faster... And It's Not That Hard To Understand.. Lots Of The Words Are Just As U See It.. Like 4m= From.. Or Hea= Here.. And Stuff Like That... Say It Out Loud And You Will See... Lots Of Things Are A Given To Me.. Just Like How Everyone Know When 'lol' Mean Or 'imo' If U Read It .. It Dont Sound Like Anything..
Have you ever been in a convo face to face with some1 and find yourself say outloud LOL.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
That is why we have placed a spelling tool at the top of this very forum. Hopefully, members here will find it useful.