Keeping sand clean

snakeblitz33

Any suggestions of some organisms that clean and filter sand? The top layer of my sandbed has a buildup of stuff on it and I'd like to get something that will do well in my tank with three damsels.

Suggestions?

eric b 125

Nassarius snails? In researching stuff to set up my BC29 it seems like the method of choice is weekly manual maintenance only bc the size of the tank is a limiting factor in what livestock we can use.

lmforbis

If you can find a sand sifting goby that will eat prepared food it would work. My diamond goby eats any food I feed the fish and keeps the sand clean looking.

eric b 125

If you can find a sand sifting goby that will eat prepared food it would work. My diamond goby eats any food I feed the fish and keeps the sand clean looking.
I was thinking that the damsels would torment any other fish that he puts in there...

jay0705

Would depend on its size. My sleeper headed goby does a great job and is good sized prob 6-7"

2quills

Small siphon pump, plastic fork at the end of the hose, gently rake the sand bed, stirs up the nasties so you can easily vacuum it out.

pegasus

Nassarius Snails, Sand Sifting Starfish and Tiger Tail Cucumbers are all excellent sand sifting invertebrate...

mandy111

Sea Cucumber. Dirty sand in one end spotless clean sand our other end. Best investment ive made to keep my sand bed clean.