Kent marine Garlic extreme

T

thomas712

Just make sure that it is pure garlic extract, no other additives. Should be fine.
Thomas

ebsochin

All the garlic does is enhance the immune system of the fish. It isn't necessarily a cure for ich, but it will help the fish boost it's immune system. You might see some signs of healing, but your best bet is to do hypo. There are threads on the board in the disease forum that will help you with this. HTH.

T

thomas712

Roughly, garlic therapy can potentially
Fend off secondary infection.
Neutralize the chemicals used by the parasite to destroy host tissue.
Mask host tissue, making it difficult for the parasite to recognize it.
Deliver outright damage to the parasite.
Nothing wrong with adding a drop or two to your food, just allow it time to soak in throughly
Thomas

luvsaltlyf

So is it okay to add an itsy bitsy amount of fresh garlic to our fish food every now an then to keep the immune system up???

palumbo

I know Ocean Nutrition pellet food has garlic added to it, and you can tell by smelling it:D
It's good stuff, I'd suggest it if you haven't used it yet.

who dey

I don't know about ick, but a few days ago my coral beauty grazed her eye on a rock to cause pop-eye. I added a few drops of garlic extreme to food source and it was gone in three days! great product for a pop-eye condition.

roscoe ii

I have been using the garlic in my reef tank for a year and a half now and have had no problems with it.
I have heard of using ginger root as a cure for ich. You boil the root in water then soak seaweed in it for 10-20 mins then feed the seaweed to the fish. The guy that told me about this had a tang which was infested with Ich. The fish was totaly cured in 3-4 days and has ben ich free fir months now.

A

andretti

First of all this stuff rocks...but it does not cure ick. What it does is raises the fish's immune system to prevent ick. I add it to my guys' food everyday (two drops). Then every few days, I add one drop per 10 gallons of water to keep other diseases from occuring. Again, it does not cure ick, but it does cure popeye, fin & tail rot, and a few other bacterial and viral infections.
A few months ago, my yellow tang got popeye, and the Kent garlic extreme cleared it up in about five days, and one of my percula clowns had a slight case of tail rot and again, Kent came through like a champ! It does not harm your bio filter and it is reef safe. :cheer:
:cheer:
:cheer: