kent marine ro/di unit issues

bobtail107

Hello everyone, I have a problem with a Kent marine Maxxima Hi-s ro/di unit. I bought it used on here a week or two ago. I got it and hooked it up. It does have a float valve hooked to it. I have hooked it up and set the pressure to my house at 65 psi. I know that all hoses are hooked up correctly, the drain is not hooked to anything it is just draining out a basement window. The drain is below the unit and the bucket for the water is below the unit. Here is the problem, I hooked it up and the first 2 canasters have have filled up with water and then it goes to the chamber on top. There is water coming out of the waste side of that top canaster, however NO PRODUCT water has ever come out of it. I know that the membrane had just been replaced a few months ago. But there is no water coming out of the product line. Any ideas? This is a 35 GPD unit. I have tired the product line with and without the float. Now I have taked all the float/auto shu-off stuff off and still nothing from the product side..
Thank You in advance..
Jeremy

scsinet

Hmmm... a few things come to mind. I like that you've taken off the float valve. Keep it off for now.
1. Check to make sure the membrane is seated properly. Take apart the RO chamber and make sure the cartridge is "snapped" completely into place.
2. Check and make sure the flow restrictor is in place on the waste line. If it is not in place, no product will be produced. It may also have to be replaced, but I don't think they normally "go bad".
Unhook the waste line from the RO chamber by unscrewing the fitting and pulling the poly tube straight out. There should be a small yellow insert in the line, holding a really tiny black tube. Mine is operating right now so I can't take it apart for pictures, sorry.
3. Make sure that the DI cartridge is not clogged. Remove the last chamber and remove the cartridge all together, and replace the chamber, empty.
4. The membrane may have failed. If the membrane dries out from not being used for a long time (months or more), or from the membrane cartridge sitting outside in the open air for even a few days, or if it freezes, it will be destroyed.
5. It's possible that a hose has clogged somewhere, but this is very unlikely. Best way to check this is to take the hoses off and try blowing through them.

bobtail107

YOU ARE AWESOME.. 1 post from you fixed my problem.. The hose with the little black line inside itwas on the input. i put that on the waste water and it works PERFECT.. YOU ROCK. Thank you so much...
Jeremy