Kent Marine Tech M magnesium question

mujtba

I tested my MAGNESIUM, and it seems to be at 1000-1100 ppm.
So i want to raise it. i was reading in the back of the Kent Marine Tech M and it says:
"Add at the rate of 1ml per gallon aquarium capacity per day to bring the level to between 1250 and 1350 ppm. This will raise the level by 18.3 ppm per day. "
SO, does this mean since I have a 75g tank, i add 75ml of TECH M per day???
How much do I put into the tank at one time? :notsure:

drew2005

Originally Posted by mujtba
I tested my MAGNESIUM, and it seems to be at 1000-1100 ppm.
So i want to raise it. i was reading in the back of the Kent Marine Tech M and it says:
"Add at the rate of 1ml per gallon aquarium capacity per day to bring the level to between 1250 and 1350 ppm. This will raise the level by 18.3 ppm per day. "
SO, does this mean since I have a 75g tank, i add 75ml of TECH M per day???
How much do I put into the tank at one time? :notsure:
You are correct. All you have to do is put in 15 capfuls(1 capful=5ml) per day until you reach your desired Mg level. This stuff works great. I use it all the time.

mona

so what maintains the MAG levels once I raise it?
I dosed the amount + my TECH CB buffers.

moneyman

Originally Posted by mona
so what maintains the MAG levels once I raise it?
I dosed the amount + my TECH CB buffers.
Mag is used very little in a reef. If your salt mix has sufficient amount of mag, you'll be okay. If your salt mix has low mag, you will be dosing alot. Unless you have a homemade solution (Epsom Salt and/or Magnesium Cloride), raising mag level is expensive. It'll take mujtba 20 oz to go from 1100ppm to 1250ppm on a 75 gallon.

mujtba

i have a 75g tank, so I don't have 75g of water since my tank has LR in it. so i dosed 50ml of MAG (10capfuls). Is that right, or do I still do 15 capfuls for 75ml?

drew2005

Originally Posted by mujtba
i have a 75g tank, so I don't have 75g of water since my tank has LR in it. so i dosed 50ml of MAG (10capfuls). Is that right, or do I still do 15 capfuls for 75ml?
Still do 15 capfuls. I have a 46 gallon and i did 10 capfuls. Its ok to dose more it wont hurt anything.