KH and KALK question... plz help

mona

1. My calcium is 400-420 and my KH is about 140ppm (8dkh). Is my KH too low? If so, how do I bring it up?
2. Also, I have an automatic top off water system. In my 3G bucket, I usually put some KALK in there.. about half a teaspoon per gallon..
But its been about 5 months now, and I checked the bucket, and it seems that the kalk has settled into the bottom of the bucket..
is it still effective? Do I need some sort of pump to circulate the kalk in the bucket now?
3. Am I putting enough kalk into the bucket?
:notsure:

reefnut

1. My calcium is 400-420 and my KH is about 140ppm (8dkh). Is my KH too low? If so, how do I bring it up?
Sounds fine to me.
2. Also, I have an automatic top off water system. In my 3G bucket, I usually put some KALK in there.. about half a teaspoon per gallon.. But its been about 5 months now, and I checked the bucket, and it seems that the kalk has settled into the bottom of the bucket.. is it still effective? Do I need some sort of pump to circulate the kalk in the bucket now?
The settlement could be precipitated impurities. The next time the bucket is low bump is out and rinse it out with a water hose or something.
3. Am I putting enough kalk into the bucket?
If it isn't broken, don't fix it. Assuming you have been doing this for 5-months now and your levels are maintaining at 400-420ca and 8dkh alk I wouldn't change a thing!!
:mad: