Kick@$$ Skimmer For Sale

deepccoral

Year old, custom built skimmer. Can be used either in sump or out of sump. Paid $475 for it, would like to get $400 for it. Professionally made by persons who do contract work for the Aquarium of the Americas in New Orleans.

deepccoral

Why is $400 quite high? There are no mechanical parts to worry about. It's all acrylic. All it needs is a cleaning, and it can look brand new again.

zanemoseley

cool down man, he's just saying that you're wanting a pretty penny for a skimmer thats not even in production and has not specs to speak of, you are after all asking 85% of the original cost of the skimmer, check out the selling section at reefcentral.com its much larger than the classified section here and will give you a good gauge of what used parts go for

tony detroit

Yeah, you're a little off when I can get a brand new kent nautilus ex 48'' capable of running a 800gal tank for 290 dollars brand new.

deepccoral

Who wants a four foot skimmer hanging around. This little baby is quarter of the size of that monster Kent skimmer you are talking about, and can handle almost as much tank as what you are referring to.

tony detroit

Originally posted by deepccoral
Who wants a four foot skimmer hanging around. This little baby is quarter of the size of that monster Kent skimmer you are talking about, and can handle almost as much tank as what you are referring to.

The marine scientist at Kent Marine that designed that skimmer told me it will handle up to a 2000 gal tank, but when they put that in a catalog nobody orders it so they rated it for 800. The whole Nautilus EX line is underated.

primesuspekt

for a skimmer thats a year old i would give mabe 55 % of value. how are you going to sell it for 400 if you used it for a whole year? its used which makes the value depreciate. i know you wasted alot of money for but your never going to see that money again. Who ever gives you 400 for it is retarded they can go buy a top of the line skimmer for that price and brand spankin new with a warranty

deepccoral

Oh well then, I'll keep it for myself. I don't understand how acrylic depreciates. It's plastic for crying out loud. It sits in a sump, with no mechanical parts. The skimmer will look brand new when I clean it. Go figure.

tony detroit

It doesn't "depreciate" or deteriorate. It is just that it is not new. And the price isn't any less than a new one. Most people will just buy a new one.

deepccoral

Thank You Skilos 1. At least someone sees my side of the story. I know the LFS where I bought this from is a little expensive, but they have done their homework on skimmer and sump designs. That's why they are so reputable in my area. Yeah, it probably won't sell now thanks to certain members. I thought that's what moderators were for, but, oh well.

ryebread

Originally posted by deepccoral
I thought that's what moderators were for, but, oh well.

What is that supposed to mean? I'm not going to delete people's opinions......they were valid........as were yours.