Killer Strawberry Psuedochromis?!?!?!?!?

1968oldsma

My psuedochromis is being a geal big jerk if you look right at the front of the tank he wont let any of my other fish go over that side of the tank it's so annoying. I just bought 4 more fish 2 Green Chromis and 2 blue ones, the 2 green ones are doing fine but when i introduced the 2 blue ones they arent having the same luck, one of the blue ones already lost most of his tail after only an hour. i know it's the strawberry when i put them in he chased them al around that side they just wouldn't leave that side poor guys, so i took the one out with the chewed up tail and put him in my 6 week old 10 gallon nano with nothing in it but some mushrooms. Poor guy i feel bad for him so i couldn't let him just die in my 55. Is there anything i can do about the strawberry i dont want to get rid of him but he wont let anything over there, but my firefish thats it. i should have put them in with the lights off but i didn't think of it at the time is there anything i can do about him?

kdfrosty

yup, rearrange your rock work. Move pieces around and get the Pseudo's territory all out of whack. That'll teach em.

bluephi115

try putting him in a qt tank for a week or so and let other fish gain ground...then put him back in as the new guy.

ithorian_r

yeah sorry but psuedos that i have experienced are mean little buggers....i agree, change up the territories and qt if possible

tim_12

Originally Posted by bluephi115
try putting him in a qt tank for a week or so and let other fish gain ground...then put him back in as the new guy.
Thats what I was going to suggest. I think thats your best bet.

hagfish

I've got a mean one too. It would definitely be easiest to take him out (if you can catch him) and put him back in later. Mine is really friendly to fish that were in the tank first, but he's very aggressive toward newbies. Rearranging rockwork didn't work for me. But I had him in a 20 gallon when I tried that and I think he thought the whole tank was his no matter what the rock looked like. Be careful with shrimp too. Mine ate a whole peppermint shrimp that was about the same size as he was. They're a very pretty fish though and hardy as well.