Koran Angel NEED SOME HELP

F

f_150ryan

I've had this angel for about 3-4 wks. Its a juvie. It has developed some kind of spots abouve its eye. Not white looks like a little yellow or so. Is this his color change taking place or ich or something else.
Thanks
Ryan

ironeagle2006

Korans REQUIRE a great angel food and lots of algae in their diet. They love to eat Cyno of all things and graze off of live rock and also make sure they get sponge in their diet. I feed mine San Fransico brand Angel diet and also use Angel Formula from Ocean Nutrition also feed Nori and Dried Red Alage at least 5 times a week. Also use Garlic and Zoecon and Selecon for supplements. Also Mysis and Krill and Chopped Squid and other meaty foods are great also.

F

f_150ryan

Tryn to get a pic put hes camera shy. Whats HILLE???
I feed him frozen meaty carnivor, mysis shrimp, O.N. forumale 1 and algea strips....

anthropo

HLLE is head and lateral line errosion. it looks like a discoloration that is whitish when fully developed that usually starts around the eyes and then gradually works it's way down the middle of their body. it's usually caused by poor diet, water quality, too stressed about somethin like size of the tank or there may be a stray electrical current in your water from something. you need to change the diet that you're feeding your koran. first and most important thing you must feed this fish is sponge. you can buy one of three products: hikari's mega marine angel formula, ocean nutritions large angel formula, or you can buy an actual live sponge. nori is something you're feeding that is also necessary. if you're gonna feed ocean nutritions flake food, formula 2 would be better for them. angels in general are more vegetarian than anything. also mysis shrimp are also a good addition to feed them as well.

anna&mike

I can't say thanks too much! So I am watching my Nice LARGE Koran Angel and I thought what you described perfectly on my Angel was the "changing to adult". Was HLLE.
I will find some sponge immediately tommorow and feed him. I think it is stressed a little, i have him in a 90 Gallons. Water is good. but i will test again this weekend. he is my pride and joy! I will take a photo and post later. i feed him hiraki angel, myosis frozen and algea sheet. guess it's not enough and i feed him twice morning then dinner.
his tank mates are 2 clarkii, 2 anenomes, fireshrimp, coral banded shrimp, diamond goby, assorted snails and crabs.
I know i don't do enough maintainence, only carbon pillow change once a month, and 5 gallons. might need to rethink that.
any comments i welcome.thanks again. like i said it has been this way for months. I only hope i can save him now.
Anna& Mike