Lagoon Pic

wrassecal

Hey Guy! Is that my shopping list you posted above? I think some aiptasia would go nice with my hair algae which YES has already returned in the 135:eek: How that algae made it through almost 3 months of dark I'll never know:mad:

mobikobeyob

Very nice Bang!
How about putting your camera in a ziplock and snapping a few pics for us? (Fish-eye view) that would be a cool perspective!
Mobi:D

nic_u812

yeah, I am thinking we should all chip in, and get you an underwater digi camera... That would just be sweeeet!!

shnabbles

you have your own reef.. you should charge neighborhood kids to go snorkeling! lol
Man 5-20 gallons of evaporation a day!
Iv been wanting to see pics of the lagoon bang very nice!

S

starfishjackedme

Bang-
I am about to build up a 6'x4'x30" lagoon for the garage the weekend after next. I was wondering what type of epoxy you used and recommend? Do you have any suggestions or comments on the construction of a lagoon from your experience? Any comments are greatly appreciated :jumping:
Jim :happyfish

bang guy

Since my lagoon is a "look-down" only I just used a pond liner. It's EPDM with a 20 year warranty.
Search for my "Lagoonal Reef" thread. I went over the construction of mine in painful detail.

shawnts106

BANG, lets see some more detailed pics of this lagoon.... maybe some 360's and some close ups... this is really an interesting project!
BTW: how many gallons is it?
and what other aquariums do you own? and their gallons?.. do you own a store... if not you should LOL!

spline9

Definately an impressive setup. You definately know your stuff when it comes to this hobby.
I do recommend using a circular polarizer filter for your camera if your camera accepts attachments. It will help reduce the reflection on the waters surface making it more clear (and may help colors, too).

bang guy

Thanks for the tip! I'll try to find one. If nothing else I can just tape a filter from my SLR over the lens.

dragonboy

Do you do water change on it? If so how many gallons you change. This lagoon is also running water flow to a tank upstairs right? Looks awsome it would be nice too if you made of the walls of the lagoon with a clear panel so you can see it from the side.

bang guy

I typically change a gallon or two a day while maintaining my Rotifer culture. Occationally I'll swap out about 30 gallons but not as often as I should.
Having even a single clear panel would have significantly increased the cost and complexity. That just wasn't an option.

spline9

Thanks for the tip! I'll try to find one. If nothing else I can just tape a filter from my SLR over the lens.
Your image confesses that you used a Kodak DC290 to take that pic. Kodak makes a threaded adapter (Item 867 5027) for this camera to take 37mm lenses.
Lens Adapter for KODAK DC260/265/290 Zoom Digital Cameras
A high-quality, molded slide-on adapter with twist-lock that allows these cameras to accept auxiliary 37mm screw mount lenses.
I'm pretty sure this link is safe here since SWF doenst deal in photo equipment....
removed
Bad news is that it seems like its a discontinued product and appears to be impossible to find. I tried to find you a link but every place I went to said they were out of stock including photo.net's classified section. :( Looks like the duct tape adapter is the way to go. Heh.

bang guy

Thanks for doing the leg work!!
I actually have that adapter. I'll do a search and see if I can find some filters. Thank you!

spline9

Excellent! Glad to have finally helped out somebody whos usually the one helping. Heh.
photo.net is a good resource for information on anything photo related. It even has user submitted reviews on businesses incase you were wondering about a particular company you wanted to order from. Some places get really nasty reviews so you can be forwarned before ordering.

S

starfishjackedme

Bang-
Maybe I missed it, but how did you go through the liner for the drain? What did you do to seal that up? what kind of bulkhead did you use. Sorry for all the q's. I'm just a little weary of cutting through the liner. I like the liner idea better than epoxy though for durability though.