Larger Fish

chub

I have a 55g FOWLR and I would like too add 2 larger fish one will be a Dwarf Angel. What should I add as the other larger fish. People come over and ask me where are the fish? You never see them. What I have right now are 2 clowns a diamond goby and 1 chromis. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks

chub

The clowns stay in a small area once in a while they will venture out but not often. I plan to add a Flame Angel someday, so I think a Coral Beauty is out. I'M looking for a active fish that doesnt jump ( i have a net covering tank and they still get out) . Would a butterfly or a foxface work?

crypt keeper

Foxface get too big imo. Flame Angel is a great choice. Flame hawkfish are active. I would go any bigger than a 4 - 5 inch fish.I wouldnt any more than 5 fish total.Butterfly wouldnt be bad. Pearscale

aquaknight

A hawkfish or a Hawaiian blue spotted puffer.
The flame hawk would be best, but the color would seem redundant with the flame angel. Maybe an Arc-Eye, or if you can find it, my favorite, a Japanese Yellow Hawkfish
Though the puffer is awesome too.

pete159

what is with ppl adding 1 lousy chromis?
your the 3'd person ive read about that did that.
please get rid of that thing until u get a 150g tank and can have a school of them.
As your your question... the best hawk fish is the long nose hawk fish... they are peaceful and love to stare at you, i am sure you will love it and it will be your favorite fish.
you can also add a fire fish, the purple one is very nice.

aquaknight

Originally Posted by pete159
http:///forum/post/3159383
what is with ppl adding 1 lousy chromis?
your the 3'd person ive read about that did that.
please get rid of that thing until u get a 150g tank and can have a school of them.
Because some people enjoy reasonably stocking their tanks?

Chromis do not need a school to thrive. Our aquarium setting is just too artificial, for any type of reasoning for the need of a school. In fact
most setups that have tried a 'school' of chromis usually end up with only 1 or 2 left anyways.

skate020

IMO the only 2 dwarf angelfish worth looking at is the flame angel, and the bi-color angel,
bi-color is cheaper, but still the flame is beautiful
they wont jump,
and as another fish, butterfly fish would be great, maybe like a racoon or heinochus or something like that,
foxface IMO would be ok in your tank, granted it'll be the dominant fish and you must allow it to be, so no other fish that could reach the same/similar size as it, and make sure it has room to hide, once you get them, they'll hide day and night, but after a lil while it'll come out and will be a beautiful fish.
so IMO rather bi-color or flame with a butterfly fish or foxface.
but alot of ppl have different opinions on the foxface, but its is altogether up to you, it wont die off because its in a 55g
but you wouldnt want to put it in anything much smaller

littlej2455

You said that you have tank covered with a net, and you have a problem with fish jumping out? Why don't you just buy a cover?