largest pump for overflow box?

jclark

i have a 150 gallon pro clear wet/dry filter with overflow box on my 150 gallon tank. i was wondering if anyone knew what is the max capacity for this overflow box is that i can use with this wet/dry filter without being to much. my tank is not reef ready so its the manufactures overflow box came with the wet/dry filter. i like the mag pumps and my current one is not turning my water over enoough. i want to get the mag 24 but i dont know if that will be to much and if i should get the mag 18. my head room is about 5 feet and i want to be able to turn my tank over about 10x an hour.

escape2thewater

Is it a single or dual overflow box system? If its a single it will not flow enough in its current form to turn your tank 10x. It would require 1500gph which is about double any un-modified single overflow box J-tube design. There are things you can do to make it better but I dont know about 1500gph.
Escape

acrylic51

Alot of things will come into play when determining the flow capacity of the overflow box....You can go to the other forum and use their flow calculator and figure the GPH......