Last nights' Presidential Debates

snakeblitz33

I watched most of it but not all of it. I was just curious who you think sounded like the best candidate and why?

Trump sounded like a hot head and the rest of the Republicans just threw insults at other candidates whenever possible,.... Last night was more like a reality show than a debate, at least it was to me.

I wanted to know their views and opinions and where they stand on certain subjects,.... And there was some of that too, but it was all pretty entertaining ,. .. Well, as entertaining as watching politicians speak can be.

jay0705

I wanted to watch but got stuck at the trap range late lol. What do u expect tho. I can't remember the last time our government functioned correctly. Hot head or not its sad when trump is the only one that gives people hope.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
False hope because he offers no real plan to address problems. He just offers hot air.

I didn't watch because I am off the grid now with TV but I'm looking around this am to see what happened. Sounded like not much was remarkable. Paul got in a few shots at Trump and Christie. LOL

To me the bigger news is will Hilary's criminal activity finely get her off the presidential table.

Last edited:

beaslbob

What I think is amazing is the fox after show analysis and Frank Luntz and his focus group reaction vrs aol/huffinging post, etc, etc reactions.

The focus group was disappointed and extremely negative with Trump whereas the others gave you the impression he really took it to the republicans.

pegasus

I had planned to watch it, but got sidetracked. Looks like I didn't miss much. Here are a couple of lines from an article on AOL news, so it apparently had a lot of people's attention:

The Republican candidates' prime-time debate on Fox News Channel drew 24 million viewers, a record audience for a presidential primary debate, according to Nielsen data provided by Fox on Friday.

The tally for Thursday's event was the highest non-sports telecast in cable history, a Fox spokeswoman said.

snakeblitz33

I thought it was funny that Donald Trump called Megyn Kelly a bimbo on his twitter after the debates.

He was really sticking it to the moderators.

snakeblitz33

It was interesting too that he might consider running on an independent ticket rather than Republican. I think that would make him even more appealing to some people.

bang guy

He will have some family/health/financial crisis and drop out of the race six to nine months from now. After the Republican Party dumps him and he goes independent of course.

2quills

Actually was one of the better debates in a long time. Very few insults thrown back and forth considering the history of most debates.

Trump, just proved to me more and more that he's really only in it for publicity than anything. But he is saying the things that people feel without filter and I do kind of appreciate him for that. He's giving Washington the slap in the face that it deserves.

Actually, Huckabee did pretty good last night I thought.

darthtang aw

Yes he did. I was a bit surprised by christy as well. He handled himself decent. Carson as well. I guess I like fiornia because she doesn't duck questions during interviews or give a non answer to them.