lawn-mower blennie

nckissmrt

my lawnmower blennie is eating brine shrimp whenever i feed my other fis. is this normal? i thought that they were vegetarians so i have an algae strip in there for him. he eats thats but shrimp as well is that normal?

T

thomas712

You might not want to feed brine shrimip unless it is live brine shirmp. Frozen brine isn't very nutritious. Mysis shrimp, plankton or cyclopezee is much better for them.

lion_crazz

Thomas, don't you mean it the other way around..? Frozen is much more nutritious than live unless the live is very young (napulii) or if you feed the brine something with vitamins, like Zoe or Selcon.

snipe

Originally posted by lion_crazz
Thomas, don't you mean it the other way around..? Frozen is much more nutritious than live unless the live is very young (napulii) or if you feed the brine something with vitamins, like Zoe or Selcon.

Thats what I was thinking lol. I was begging to think I messed up. Dont get me wrong I have been wrong before everyone has but I just new that I was right on this.

T

thomas712

Frozen adult has lost alot of its nutritinal value. Even adult live. But the young napulii have the best nutrients. Simply put there are better choices than brine.

devilboy

Well you should be lucky that your LMB will eat prepared food i had one, he eat all my hair algae and refused everything else and he withered away got skinny and i finally took him back to my LFS.
so i would be jumping for joy if was eating other then algae.
you may want to try and hatch your own brine shrimp like i do. they hatch within 18 - 24 hrs. and you can put them right into the tank after they hatch and watch everything go nuts. it looks like they are chomping at air.

snipe

I am thinking of buying an intank brine shrimp hatcher what would you think of this? Is this good or bad thing to do?

devilboy

i was reading about them myself. all i have now is the black box made by san fransico bay company. so far it has been doing good. i still have 4 more packs of eggs left to hatch.