Lawn mower blenny not eating

mikev

as the title says, any advice? already have algea sheets and flakes available to it , but he wont touch it.

E

emeralcrab

all my LMB or starry blenny or tail spot blenny seem to like meaty foods as well as algae. Mine go nuts when I feed my fish, they love mysis, krill, silversides. My LMB will even take it out of my fox face's mouth.
Does your eat anything like that?

big

I for the longest time, had issues with mine. After dropping tabs and hooking sheets to one of those little Algae sheet hangers for what seemed like ever fearing he was about to starve. Here is what seemed to eventually work for me, was hanging a wetted sheet of algae over the from center support of my tank. As the sheet softened I took parts of the sheet and mashed them between my fingers so it would flow with the currents in the tank. It also seemed to help with the snails for distribution of food for them. In short time he started chasing and eating these bits.
Now days Benny the Blenny has a fat belly and comes up and eats pieces right out of my hand!! Good luck with mine they become wonderful fish with some time and patience....... Warren

mikev

thanks everyone for the replies. i will try these options, i would hate to lose this cool little guy.
mike