Lawnmower Goby Feeding Question

dizzy

Question:
I picked up a Lawnmower Goby to help with my algae growth and was wondering what, if any, food supplements he might take to. Does anyone who has a lawnmower feed any additional food to it?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Diz

madd catt

well,mine likes those kent alge tablets but generaly anything on the bottom of the tank such as flake food an such.Hmm someone whos had them longer thuogh might be able to say more.

fshhub

not much more, we also suppliment with seaweed, and thye may like lettuce too(maybe not, but...)

ellectrareef

Hmmm, I think you mean a Lawnmower Blenny and I read somewhere that it actually is an omnivore after I freaked out when I saw it eat meat. They seemed to still state herbivore on the sites I just checked but mine eats a lot more. He will eat anything including shrimp,silversides,clam,flake,nori,spiriluna,brine, etc. Oh, all in small bits and it won't actually bother a live clam.

karlas

mine spits out brine shrimp wont eat any meat at all. when i put nori in thought the kole and lawnmower shove each other out of the way to get to it. also eats pellet, flake, and alge disc