leather coral

reeflooker

I bought my first leather yeaterday. I placed it in a hole in the LR. I noticed today that it fell over. Will it right itself and attach to the LR or do I need to reposition it??

dockery07

Just make sure that the sides are not pinched. See if it stands up again tomorrow. My toadstool did this and then died so keep an eye on it.

N

newreefers

I also have a leather that did this, look on the bottom of it, on mine when they harvested it they cut a big chuck of rock that he was attached to, but it was cut very crooked and my leather wouldn't sit on my live rock without tipping over. I ended up suing some epoxy to glue him to a piece of rock and used a rubberband to hold while the epoxy dried. just make sure the rubberband doesn't dig into the coral. This worked great for me. My leather doesn't like to touch the rock anywhere else, he shrivels up and looks bad if he does.:)

jferrier

I've got a large leather and have cut pieces off of it or it will expand and knot up and drop little pieces. I've "planted" the little
pieces in my new tank and both my roomates tanks and they all have reattached and seem to be doing very well. If your water is good and you have strong light then it should reattach.