leather question

dima96

last weekend i bought a leather from an lfs. this morning i woke up and the stalk was bent but ployp are still out is this normal or is something wrong with it? tank specs in sig

dima96

yes i have powerheads, i just forgot them when writing up specs. the leather is in a med to low movement spot, just enough movement to ripple the ployps. and the top of the leater was about 3 inches below the surface now about 5.

dima96

it is just the basic leather, kinda looks like a mushroom with the cap flipped upside down. i'll try to figure exactly which kind it is.

dima96

i think it is a toolstool, the ployps are kind of green. it is 4 or 5 inch across could it just be top heavy.

clarkiiboi

Mine did that too, I have moved it 3 times-- I finally got it happy a little less then middle ways up in the tank with a good moderate flow to it. Maybe try to move it down alittle, if I read your post right you have yours high up in the tank? When mine was there thats when it did this, almost like it was trying to get away from the lights. HTH. Make sure you have a descent flow going to it, alittle more than ripples, that helps remove the "slime coat" that seems to happen with these. That has worked for me. HTH.

dima96

thanks, it seems better now but i think i'll try moving down and to a spot with a little more flow.

melissa v.

you might have to move it several times to make it happy, i had to move mine every 2 or 3 days into a new home before i found where it is happy.
Melissa V.

dima96

well i haven't moved it yet, but i slightly moved a powerhead. so now it stands up straight during the day but flops over at night. is this normal btw it also curls up. here a pic if it helps, this is night shot

dattong

I've never seen mine drooped at night or daytime. You probably should move it around to find a spot that it likes

mine does this form time to time it has been in my tank for 3 years and doing great about 5X bigger so I don't think that it is a bad thing

dima96

thanks for the help. i think i'm going to leave it where it is for now, as long as it is standing upright in the morning. if not i'm moving it and cutting the mushroom off the base.

dima96

just thought i'd give an update on my leather. it has looked great in its new home for about 4 days. here is a pic