LED and PAR

2quills

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1guyDude http:///forum/thread/387357/led-and-par#post_3407830
why is everyone all upset??? This is just wat his meter was sayin! If u dont agree than u dont agree!
All of my coral are doin fine...the AI's were over another hobbyist tank and his were doin fine as well!
These are just the numbers we got! If u guys can get a hold of a par meter ($100s)
id be more than intrested to see wat u come up with!
Who's upset? We're just having a discussion here.
As you touched upon earlier. A more relevant measurement for out tanks would be PUR. The actual usable light for corals. I could put a but load of light over my tank but if it isn't producing the right spectrum for the livestock then PAR measurements would be irrelevant. This is where I think the DIY'ers are actually ahead of the Manufacturers at this point. More and more people are trying to pinpoint specific areas of the spectrum to target not only great color but better growth as well. This is why we're seeing more neutral white leds as well as regular blue and even reds than we were before. To target a broader as well as more specific ranges of the spectrum.

1guydude

Quote:
Who's upset? We're just having a discussion here
IDK im just getting the impression that u guys are mad at me for not putting up the par readings that u want...lol kinda like i was when i saw it!

just dont want anyone mad at me! Im just tryin to forward the info here....u know dont shoot the messenger type a thing!
Btw how was fishing sir?
I totally agree that the DIYers are ahead of the game their!

2quills

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1guyDude http:///forum/thread/387357/led-and-par/20#post_3407840
IDK im just getting the impression that u guys are mad at me for not putting up the par readings that u want...lol kinda like i was when i saw it!

just dont want anyone mad at me! Im just tryin to forward the info here....u know dont shoot the messenger type a thing!
Btw how was fishing sir?
I totally agree that the DIYers are ahead of the game their!
Yeah sorry, I guess some of us are becoming more and more pro led. But if we wanted to shoot you...you'd be dead already!

Fishing sucked. Bad time of the day to go. Really just wanted to take my little r.c. boat and the dogs down to the water and play around a bit. Had fun though.

1guydude

Quote:
you'd be dead already!

Fishing sucked. Bad time of the day to go. Really just wanted to take my little r.c. boat and the dogs down to the water and play around a bit. Had fun though.
im totally pro led man i was just expecting better!
now im gonna be watching my back all night and tommorow lol...
sounds like a good time to me! fishing in the rivers here is just starting to pick up!

2quills

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///forum/thread/387357/led-and-par#post_3407776
Something ain't right here man. Even in regards to your results from the AI fixture, they are not even close to what every body else is seeing.
Have a look on the big thread...*******************************
mod edit=link to other sites are not allowed so i edited out your link.
I thought it was links to competitors sites that were not supposed to be posted? SWF.com is a sponsor over on that link. I guess all information for this hobby must live only on swf.com eh. (shakes head)

spanko

From the AI site.

And here is what a user got from his PAR measurements.
Here is what I got at 100% white 100% blue 100% royal blue. The Par Meter would not register above 2888 for me, I am sure 3" below the light it was much more than that at 100% everything.

tangs rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Quills http:///forum/thread/387357/led-and-par/20#post_3407878
I thought it was links to competitors sites that were not supposed to be posted? SWF.com is a sponsor over on that link. I guess all information for this hobby must live only on swf.com eh. (shakes head)
Don't we "choose" to post here - versus reef nazi or others. I mean if there's some good data on another site - why not post a link to it so WE CAN ALL LEARN... I understand the "link to sales competition" sites thing - but when the mods start removing "LINKS TO FURTHER OUR KNOWLEDGE" then only the data available from the very few active members here is supposed to suffice? ? ? Sorry, there are too few active
members on this site. (like 50 regulars)
Besides, if swf.com MODS decide to "limit" links & research to other datasources and offer ONLY their data - then maybe I need to continue my learning elsewhere...(shakes head)

spanko

Simple copy and past will help to transfer data. (see my post #26 here).
I agree with the ban on posting from competition sites in helping to further the information swap though. I can see not showing the cost of goods on other sites that compete with SWF but the information to further knowledge ban has always baffled me.

2quills

Yeah I don't get it either guys. I think all of the regulars here know about the rules in regards to linking to competitors which we all pretty much understand and have respected that. And I hear you Henry on the copy and past. In this particular situation the link to the thread which I posted was really long but had a bunch of useful info scattered all through out the thread pertaining to the topic at hand. I felt that I'd put it out there for 1guydude to see since it could have help further his and or his friends understanding in terms of lux meters and ways of which to use them. So I felt it would be better for him to see and hear it from other sources more experienced in those regards than I. Makes no sense to me why I should I have to go out of my way to hide that by sending him pm. Maybe there are others here who could benefit from that info as well. You would figure if links were that much of a problem then they'd do something about the fact that I get blasted with colorful add pop ups to true competitors of this sites store just about every time I log in. Admin's and ownres know about it but it doesn't change the fact that I still see them.

Oh well, no big deal, I just think that's a pretty lame rule is all. I digress.

1guydude

the guy who made RC and RF is the guy that came over yesterday with the par meter! LOL
The experiment wasnt very controlled but we did wright down some numbers!
He was one of the old timers that started my local club as well...
he talked a lot but had a lot of stuff to talk about!

cidly37

Led aquarium lights are very good,The led aquarium light can help coral and
Grasses grow,it also can makes your aquarium looks beautiful.
Cidly’s grow light are very good and cheap.