LED Cooling Fans

true74

I was thinking of trying the LED Cooling Fans as moonlights i would like opinions on how many fans/LED lights i should go with for a 75 gallon tank. I know at least 2 but didnt know about 3 or 4.
here are the specs on one of the fans i found.
* Quad UV LED
* UV Reactive
* Ball Bearing Fan
* Power: 1.6W
* Noise: 28.8dBA
* Voltage: 12V
* Airflow: 32.5 CFM
* Speed: 2500 RPM
* Current: 0.13A
* 3-Pin connector

larrynews

when i bought mine ,looks like the samething, i bout four for my 90 just to be safe, they were not that costly, from the auction site

zincoxide

I just bought 4 of these fans for the canopy I am building on my 90g. I would not recommend the auction site as they are inexpensive but their shipping (at least to canada) is ridiculous. If you do some searches on google you can get the Adaptec 120mm fan that moves 77cfm for a couple bucks cheaper per unit and the shipping was A LOT cheaper too.
just Google: Adaptec 120mm cooling fan and you will see a bunch of suppliers. I ordered mine through visionsprings dot net and I think they are 4.39 each.
After I ordered though, the owner said that he likes to have orders of at least $100. If there is nothing else you like, then do a couple of other searches - you can probably get them for 3 or 4 bucks each with cheap cheap cheap shipping.

chipmaker

For some reason or other I just can not see lights in conjunction with a fan. There is bound to be times throughout the year where you do not want a fan on due to ambiet temps but still want lunar lights.......

zincoxide

I bought the fans for the purpose of cooling a MH canopy. I'm sure that you can just pick up some LEDs and hook them up inside a canopy just to provide lunar light.