LED moonlight help

stonedage

I have no electical skills at all but would like to make myself a small single blue LED moonlight, single cuz its a moonlight in a 6gal. Can someone give me a parts list or any help? Ive seen making them can cost a fracton of the price, but i cant solder. do i need to use resitors and such? with heat shrink work? really i need to be walkedthrough this, thanks alot
SA

autofreak44

i know some fish dont rest well if they dont have the right type of light, have you used the led's yourself?

stonedage

beautiful, the kind of answer i was looking for, never thought that they would have one, is it the right light wave to make your corals florese?
SA

reefforbrains

Me? Yes Remember about a month or two ago someone posted the thread. I went and wiped out the local Walmart and bought a ton of them.
Was going to try to put them together and pull the guts out. Didnt like them for my tank, the light was good but the shape was all wrong.
Should work great on a 6g.
They come in white, green , and blue.
Now they are all over the house. Wife got a hold on them and plundered. (all blue)

reefforbrains

My corals open and glow ALL the time baby!! How dare you even THINK otherwise!
Hahaha just kidding, yes they will give you the look you are searching for. Just my tank was completly open top with MH from above. The little Walmart lights need individual plugs, they only a tiny amount of energy but I didnt want to have the cords above the tank.
See ya when you get back from Walmart.....

stonedage

haha ya keep your eyes open for after pics. Ill see about opening one up and wiring a cord to it. but ill be at walmart in the am, thats for sure, thanx alot
SA

stonedage

grrrrrr, wally mart didnt have any blue night lights only white ones, it looks like they are just out of stock, even went to the dollar store and canadian tire and had no luck at either of those, BUT CT did have a night light with 3 different colours and you could make it so they slowly changed but I just want blue so I passed on it. went to the The Source and was looking at the parts to make my own but forgot what i would need in the way of resistors and such and since i cant solder i passed on that to, oh well hopefully soon someothing will work out for me
SA