Led

jhawk

Does anybody on here have or seen the Led lights on a tank been looking at light and noot sure what to buy MH or the new LED lighting system
. Any ideal would be great yting to get everything ready to up grade my 29 to something bigger

rudedog40

The Solaris LED lights look great. You got $1000 or more to blow? That's how much they'll cost you. High Intesity LED systems are new to the aquarium market. Just like anything else new, it costs big bucks when it first comes out (remember paying $500 for a DVD player? Now you can get one for $20). If you're looking at upgrading now, stick with MH. If you don't want to house SPS corals or clams, you can try what I'm doing and get a T5 setup. They run cooler and brighter than PC, and a 216W fixture will cost around $200 (that's for a 48" tank).

luca brasi

Sounds Great!
The Solaris is the first LED System designed to replace Metal Halide and Fluorescent lighting for the Aquarium Reef Tanks. We will look at all offers on any of our lighting systems
The current design produces PAR light output levels equal to a 400W Metal Halide 20K Light. It uses 40% less energy than the Metal Halide Fixtures it replaces. The life of the LED's is 50,000 hours, so it almost eliminates metal halide and fluorescent bulb replacements, This is a HUGE SAVINGS.
There is a built in microprocessor that controls the Solaris,the light can be adjusted from 6.5K to 22K, or anywhere in between, to set the ideal color temperature. Sunrise, Daylight, Cloud Cover, Sunset, and the lunar cycle, can all be set independently.
Features:
* Each 12" section contains the following LED's: 9-Actinic Blue Day, 6 Full Spectrum White, 4 Actinic Blue Night, and 6 Full Spectrum White Night LED's.
* Emergency Temperature shut-down - If fixture gets too hot, the built in computer shuts down LED's before any damage can occur.
* Extruded Aluminum housing with acrylic lens cover.
* Bui lt in LCD Control Board has a step through menu program to control color temperature, LED output, simulate cloud cover, moon cycles and more.
But then the price is a little steep ....US $2,582.50

jhawk

Yeah i have seen the price but not sure if they are worth it.What ever I buy we would like to be able to keep anything we want.

cidly37

Led aquarium lights are very good,The led aquarium light can help coral and
Grasses grow,it also can makes your aquarium looks beautiful.
Cidly’s grow light are very good and cheap.