lees skimmer good or bad

yomommasmom

ok ive found an skimmer in my price range its called the lees skimmer. Im thinkin its bad but i have an little tank 55 gal the reason is cause its 39.99 have any of yall had exsperiace with it or heard of it??? :notsure:

sprieto

It sucks.
Get at least a "Berlin Airlift Skimmer".
It comes in a 60g or a 90g (same unit, just ones a little longer).
Around $60, but well worth it.
You should really get a Seaclone 100 (you could find them as low as $80 on-line).

fbm

Originally Posted by sprieto
It sucks.
Get at least a "Berlin Airlift Skimmer".
It comes in a 60g or a 90g (same unit, just ones a little longer).
Around $60, but well worth it.
You should really get a Seaclone 100 (you could find them as low as $80 on-line).
IMO never buy a seaclone. Coralife are much better for just pennies more.

hagfish

Seaclones are notoriously bad. For the one good account you just read you can find about a hundred bad accounts in a quick search on this and other message boards.
Lee's aren't even worthy of being mentioned as a functioning skimmer. I had one. They are antiquated and nearly useless.
Get a Coralife SuperSkimmer 65. It's about as good as you can get for such a cheap skimmer.

fbm

Originally Posted by hagfish
Seaclones are notoriously bad. For the one good account you just read you can find about a hundred bad accounts in a quick search on this and other message boards.
Lee's aren't even worthy of being mentioned as a functioning skimmer. I had one. They are antiquated and nearly useless.
Get a Coralife SuperSkimmer 65. It's about as good as you can get for such a cheap skimmer.

Agreed, but I feel the 125 is worth the extra money. Because you get a much bigger pump and have the drain hole on the collection cup

hagfish

No doubt the 125 is better. I only mentioned the 65 because this person is trying to not to pay too much.