left2rightx5...*_^

nm reef

For no particular reason I've decided to post a sort of full view of my lil 55 reef. My digital camera can't get a good full view so I've got 5 seperate shots progressing from left 2 right.....none of them are all that great...but it does sort of give a full view of my display.:cool:

nm reef

I'm not positive yet....about either the new display or the lighting. Each month I stash a bit of cash for the up-grade...and each month I develope new ideas. It will all come down to the final decision when I've got the funds in hand to purchase the lighting and tank...right now I'm still leaning towards a 150 with 2x400 10K halides with 4x110 VHO's...and possibly a calcium reactor.Still have a few more dollars to stash...but the war fund is getting there!!
Patience is definitely the hardest part of this hobby!!

nm reef

Yup you are right that a reactor would be a good investment...especially with my intention to develope more SPS type corals. But sadly I am rather low tech in my approach to reefkeeping and high tech toys scare me!
Honestly though I've been able to maintain good levels so far just by additives alone...Combination of Seachem Builder & Advantage combined with daily kalkwasser drip. Totals about 1 gal of each per day. Mix ratios are 1 tablespoon each per gal of RO top off water.Its not that much of a chore and its worked so far.
Yes ... I do plan to have a broad selection of LPS & SPS type corals....but first I need the funds for a tank and lighting...then I'll consider the other toys to help it along...;)

sskram

hEY THERE!,
Nice tank! Good luck on the upgrade. If you are going to build your own canopy, let me know, I might have some spare parts around. I think I have four electronic ballasts for 175 MH, that are in storage. The calcium reactor works great. I run about 60 bubbles/ min with about 60 ml of effluant per minute. Steve

sskram

BTW, been there done that with the 400s. They were on a 8 by 4 by 4. They were to intense. I didnt have sps at the time though. They were also 20K. The 400s wont light up a bigger area, just carry the intensity deeper, say if you had a 4 foot tall tank. On a 150, (sixfoot? ) maybe 4 175MH, and 4 VHO? (2 atinic, 2 50/50?)