Lemonpeel Angel

leheath

I am setting up a 65g tank with a range of inverts, fish, and 'easy' moderate-light corals, possibly a BTA. I was considering a lemonpeel angel but have read conflicting things about how reef-safe they are. Any opinions on these fish?

mailman

The lemon peel I had was fine with most corals. The only things that he attacked were large "wavy" types. Such as Xenia. Didn't eat them just chomped them everytime he happened to be in the neighborhood. Never messed with mushrooms etc. He now has a new home. HTH

leheath

Thanks for the advice - any one else have any experience with these fish in a reef tank. In addition, are they particularly aggressive (again, I have read conflicting opinions...)? I would like to keep it with 2 ocellaris clowns, 2 Bangaii Cardinals, 1 Fridmani Psuedochromis, and either 3 neon gobies or 3 blue/green chromis....is this likely to cause problems??

nm reef

I've never kept one but I have always heard that they can be problematic with corals. All the dwarf angels can be risky and the lemonpeel more so than some of the others.