Lemonpeels

aquarius

Well I was gettin ready to put a new fish in today and I came across a lemonpeel at the store. It seemed to be swimming healthily, had good coloring and was interacting with the other fish. But, I've heard that it is hard to get them to eat and that they are somewhat timid. Also I heard that it is a challenge to keep them alive for a long period of time. Can anybody help me with this?

jimi

I have never kept one but if you can get one that is eating well not just picking, that is half the battle.

amphiprion

Mine is 1 1/2. He started eating the first day I got him. I've been feeding him Ocean Nutrition Frozen Angel Formula, brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, Prime Reef flake and sheet Nori. He's in a 29g tank with about 40 lbs of live rock.
Ask the lsf to feed him while you watch, if he's eating in the store you should be able to get him to eat in your tank.

ewiski

ive had my lemonpeel angel for 3 months.he ate the first day like he was starving.and still continues to be a pig.he will eat anything.i got mine from a guy at the pet store trading it in for another fish.

jond

Is anyone keeping one with corals in a reef. I have been told that they are not very reef safe by some and that it would be ok by others. Any words of wisdom?

rickt4du

I had one that picked at anything green...open brain, candy cane and shrooms..not very reef safe as far as I am concerned.

asfurlover

I would not reccommend one for a reef tank. It has come to my experiences that Lemons, Flames, Coral Beauts are all in the same category. It simply all depends on the one you get. (Whether they were net, hand or cyanide caught) I have had people and books explain Flames to be great beginner fish, real hardy, and hard as nails only to purchase one with vibrant color that ate (After 9 years experience then) die after 3 days and many many laps in a very tight circle with eyes wobbling in their sockets (Quite horrifying for any keeper). The postmortem revealed cyanide from a sample taken behind the gills, little to say this store lost my business. Any time you go to purchase a prized piece (Any fish) whether it be 5.00 or 500.00 put a down payment on it so you can watch it for a week. If your dealer is reputable, he will gladly oblige. It could be that one impulse that either wipes out your tank or discourages you from the hobby...

coop21

The lemonpeel is by far my favorite fish. He munches on the little bit of caulerpa that's in the tank. He also loves seaweed selects. As far as being reef safe, I have a lot of pulsing xenia, and he stays away from that. Good luck with yours.