less water changes w/fuge?

brucewrs

So is that true? I want to add a fuge but not sure on the plumbing.Ihave a 210 with 2 drilled mega flows into a 400 pro clear wet dry.I want to keep the wet dry so how would you hook up a fuge without drilling the wet dry?can I hang a over flow off the back?Would that cause a problem if the power goes out?I need ideas...

fedukeford

if you add the right macro algea, it will lower you nitrates, so i guess to could go an extra week or two without water changes

chilwil84

or keep up at the same rate and have a super pure tank for reef or if fish only you could add more fish

sign guy

I would add a fuge but keep up with the water changes it makes for a much healthier tank. Also why dont you want to drill? it would work so much better

hurt

I agree, water changes do more than just remove nutrients...They replenish a lot of trace elements that are constantly being used up. Will a fuge help you keep your nitrates and phosphates down? You bet, but water changes still have their purpose besides removing nutrients.
My readings are all 0, but I still change 10% every two weeks to keep up with elements besides Ca/Alk, which I do constantly dose.